Friday, November 30, 2012

90 Days to the Apocalypse -- Day 90


(Luckily there are actually 91 days...)

I find myself running out of time.  Everybody does, but in my case I'm also trying to complete my NaNoWriMo attempt by Midnight Friday as well, so tonight after work I spent a good amount of time writing.  I logged in late, and then I spent more time PLing One Divine Hammer.  Not exactly an exciting way to end my time in the game.

After a break to exercise, I returned to finish my PLing... One Divine Hammer was going to be 50 one way or another!  But I wanted to maybe stop shy of 50 and find something else to do for when I actually hit 50... something more epic  than a Council Earth farm.

Whisper X wanted to start up a mini Mothership Raid, so I said I would join.  I stopped PLing just shy of completing my last bar of experience.  It was actually about 118,000 experience to level, so while we were waiting on people I killed some rikti and got it down to 22,000.  Then we set off on our big adventure.

I say this because when Whisper X said "mini raid" I had no idea how mini.  We had only five people -- a tank, my mace/shield scrapper, a bots MM, a blaster and a corr (if I remember correctly).  The others were Whisper X, Grimrose, Evi, and SubZippo.  And I wasn't sure if it was fair of me to bring a sub-50 character, but One Divine Hammer has about 55% defense to two positions and 48% aoe defense, so she's pretty tough already.  I was able to tank hoards of level 54 rikti, with the aid of inspirations (I had a bunch already bought so I was using /ah to grab them as needed).

I really didn't know what to expect from such a small force on an MSR... but we planted five bombs, and then pulled U'kn Grai.  This led to a team wipe because we had too many Magus around, but after hitting the hospital we regrouped at the edge of the ship and Whisper pulled U'kon all the way there, and we too him down!  ^_^

I hit 50 just after we landed n the ship, of course.  All in all a more-than-suitably epic encounter for my last level 50!



One thing I keep forgetting to mention:  Mouse Police hit 1251 badges two days ago.  I haven't actually done any badging on her in several days, but she earned the 7 days remaining a hero after changing alignment badge automatically, as I'd planned.  So I'm satisfied, that's one more thing I accomplished.


No comments:

Post a Comment