Sunday, November 25, 2012

90 Days to the Apocalypse -- Day 84/85


I didn't actually play on Friday, at all.  I was still at my parent's house and the laptop experience is pretty lackluster.

Saturday I headed home early so that I could participate in the final Saturday Hami raid on Virtue.  Got home about 2:40, logged in, people were already in the Hive.  By the time 3:00 PM rolled around the Hive was nearly full -- then it was full, and we had a Hive 2 with people waiting for a second raid.  That hasn't happened in... well, maybe not in all of 2012, I can't remember.

I joined on Nina Ballerina.  We were really melee heavy so I considered switching, but I've done most of my Hami raids with Nina and I wanted to use her.  Zombie picked Zombie Fryer for the same reasons.  In any case, once the zone filled it would have been difficult to switch without missing out on the first raid completely.

Mr. Trilby missed out on the first raid... he and several others were waiting in Hive 2.  Our full-zne raid went so well that we did a 75% push, only clearing once after the initial clear.  Or is that a 50% push?  We killed hami through the 50% and 25% mito spawns anyway, and did it very easily.  Then we gathered in Hive 2, and with fewer people -- about 35 or 40 this time -- we did it all again, and again did the push through two mito spawns.  We rocked!  ^_^

Afterwards people wanted to take group photos, and Zombie stayed behind drumming.  Hami is one of his favorite things and this was probably the last one on Virtue... Exxxcalibur said he'd try to run one on Friday though.




After, I switched to Storm Girl Ten.  Two of my remaining goals are to get Storm Girl Ten and Eternal Sweeper to 50... and maybe One Divine Hammer as well. Storm Girl was 49 but needed a respec since I'd misplaced one of my slots.  I headed to AP33 and started my respec.  Halfway through, I lost connection to the server.  I logged back in -- luckily it remembered where I'd been, and finished.  Then I clicked "all done" and the game crashed on me.  :/

I logged back in and did the whole thing again, this time successfully.  I was thinking, 'Do I really need afterburner?  it's mostly good for running shard TFs, and I'll never run another of those."  But of course, does not taking it make a difference?  Nope.  So I just stuck with my build.  And as soon as I was done, I saw Freaky advertising for a Faathim the Kind TF, so I joined.  ^_^


Since Megajoule is a forum poster, I have to mention that we were on the same team again.  I took a picture of V E R B to prove it!

It was a good thing I brought my fender too.  The entire team was melee -- three tanks, a brute or two, a scrapper -- no stalker though.  I was the only non-melee until our last member joined, a corr, but they quit after just a few missions.  I spent a lot of time healing with my little O2 boost!


As it happens, Faathim is one of the best TFs to have afterburner, because near the end you do a tour of Storm Palace touching stones to prove you were there.  Or something.  In any case, I was useful!

Oh, Storm Girl Ten hit 50 too.  Pretty early on in fact.  I was able to slot the full set of Ragnarok that I was carrying around.  ^_^


Right after this I joined a group of friends who wanted to run Halloween tip missions.  I had one saved up on Mouse -- I didn't need the badge, but I was happy to help others.  Sunlover and Grimrose wanted all of the badges, and Evi too I think.  She had the mission on one character, and Ragey Cat had it saved on several.  We ran four straight Halloween tips and got all of those badges for a couple of people.

Following this we decided to get some of the arena PvP badges for those who needed it -- and Mouse needed those.  This was a lot of work, but it was a very impressive collection of characters we had doing this.  There was Whisper X's Diana X, Colbolt Avenger, Jane's Lamera Lang, Ragey Cat, Evi, Grimrose, and Skippylabs.  I think nearly every character had over 1000 badges already, and some -- most notably Skippy's Screamrr -- had nearly every badge possible.  Screamrr had only two badges left to get -- Pentad Victor and Tournament Victor.  We got those, and Screamrr had 1390 badges and was officially done forever!


I hadn't been down where the monkey pit fighting is in Pocket D in years.  It's actually a very cool looking place, with windows on all sides open to the void, kind of like the carriage portion at the bottom of a zeppelin or something.


For Pentad Victor you need 10 people in a two-team match.  We overbalanced things, 7 people on one team, 3 on the other, and let the 3 die.  Then we did it again making sure that the three who died were on the large team this time.  That gave everyone the badge.

For Tournament Victor, you need a swiss draw match of 8 people that pits 4 matches of one on one, then two matches of one on one, then a final match of one on one.  We'd do that with a designated winner, so everyone who fought that person would die, and everyone who wasn't fighting that person would quit.  Then after three rounds the designaated winner got the badge, and we'd set it all up again for the next person.  This took a very long time, but eventually everyone had their badge.



Colbolt was very ruthless and killed a defenseless Mouse Police!  I yelled help, police brutality! and I'm being suppressed!  Now we see the violence inherent in the system!"

I got my revenge on some of the people that killed me... but I didn't get to kill CA.  :/

The last badge we did was Arena Survivalist, which is a 3 person free-for-all, and the one that survives gets the badge.  That was easier to set up.  Once I got that badge, I also had Arena All-Star, so that's 4 badges for Mouse Police, which put me at 1248.  Only two from my goal!


At the end of the night we ran a quick Eden.  I used One Divine Hammer for this.  Not a lot of experience in it, but it's a fun trial with some of the coolest maps in the game, and there were a couple of people on the team that still weren't very familiar with it so we had fun.

That wasn't actually the end of the night for some people, they were planning to run something else, but it was late for me so I logged for the night.



I'm extremely grateful for all of the people on Virtue who have stuck with the game these past three months.  Exxxcalibur with his hami raids, Mr. Trilby, Zombie Fryer, Colbolt Avenger, Sapphire Jane, Ragey Cat, Melissa, Skippylabs, Dale-Man, Megajoule, Freakyliciousss, Whisper X, more people than I can possibly name.  I had a lot of friends who quit either immediately or within the first two weeks after the announcement, but I've had lifetime's worth of fun in these last three months.  I have no idea what I plan to do next -- really, I'm going to try and write more and exercise more and not immediately start playing another MMO.  I still have a Second Life account, which is the absolute opposite of an MMO really, and I've barely logged in more than six times in the last two years but I still have friends there, so I may hang out there a bit.  But I don't regret anything, and I'm very glad I've continued to play for the last three months that this game has existed.

Also of note:  I finished "Solar Sister and the Disco Trolls of Doom" last night.  In the end it doesn't really have anything to do with Sister Flame or the Sibling Rivalry arc, but it has a disco troll named Four Door and a disco dance competition!

No comments:

Post a Comment