Sunday, November 4, 2012

90 Days to the Apocalypse -- Day 65


There were two big things that I had never done before in City of Heroes -- the Diliemma Diabolique Trial and the Minds of Mayhem Trial.  I can now say that I've completed both of them.

But first!  Freaky ran a Sara Moore early on Sunday, and if you remember I had the other three shard TFs on Saturn Princess but not that one, so I made sure to be on when it started.  We finished in 1 hour 55 minutes, and that included a long afk from the leader for a family emergency of some sort, which left all of us standing around too.  So actually it was a very good time.

There really should have been an accolade for getting all four shard TFs.  But anyway, I haz them.



I spent a bit of time working on costumes for my various buffbot girl characters -- Fire Girl Three, Rad Girl One, Kin Girl Two, Scrapper Girl One, Stalker Girl One, Brute Girl Zero, Storm Girl Ten, Empathy Girl Five.  I actually spent some of my points on a 10th costume slot, I had all of the others on my main account already.  I love making costumes.  ^_^

After a long break in which I walked several miles to a grocery store and back (largely for the exercise, I need it), I logged back in just in time for the Sunday Cathedral of Pain run.  We once again had some people who'd never done it, and the blueside one required three rounds in order to take the bad guy down.  I brought Jennie Nova, a beam rifle/rad corr, and I was glad for it for the debuffs and negative regen, I think that helped a lot.

Afterwards I switched to AE Baby for the redside run.  This week we were able to actually start a redside run!  My friend from last week Red Rikka was there, and I was really happy for that, she got to go on a successful run after we failed to get one off the ground last week.  But it was a close thing... the AV kept regenerating, and several people said we couldn't do it.  We had him down to a sliver by about the third wave, but then he began to regen more every wave and was back up to full health at one point.  But lore pets became available again, and we finally beat him down.  I think it was a combination of getting everyone's damaged buffed high enough (when my kin missed on Fulcrum Shift it hurt a lot for example) and getting enough people to land Envenomed Dagger before the AV was shielded.  I think I hit him after the shields went up several times.  But once we had everything lined up correctly, we managed to pull it off, and it was much better for having been told that we couldn't do it.

My friend Nite Jammer from my Hero Force days was there for both of them too.  I'm not sure he's done a blueside CoP before, I know he hadn't done a red one though.  I invited his villain into Villain Force - Rho Ruffians, for whatever that's worth, and promoted him.  The villain group divisions of HF were nearly ignored when HF was really active, and they're completely ignored now.  But he wasn't in a VG, so....



Late in the evening I logged on and Whisper X was forming a Master of Dilemma Diabolique Trial.  I switched to Mouse and asked to join.  Mouse is still not heavily incarnated yet -- T1 Interface and Judgement, T3 Alpha, no Lore or Destiny -- but is otherwise well IO'd and I like to think I'm a smart player, and I wanted those badges.  We did very well on this run, got all the badges for the Master of, which was six in all I think, because Mouse wound up at 1233.  And I had fun running a trial I'd never seen before!





Right after that people wanted to try a Master of MoM, so we did.  This one went badly, we screwed up nearly every badge and the one that we thought we'd actually gotten, we still weren't awarded.  But we completed the trial, and I learned what that one was like too, so in my mind it was a success.

I stayed up too late, but I was really happy to finally run both of these trials.  And Mouse ended the night with 1234 badges.  :D


No comments:

Post a Comment