Friday, November 9, 2012

90 Days to the Apocalypse -- Day 68/69



I did very little Wednesday -- no working on badges, no running task forces.  What I did do was spend some more time PLing Storm Girl Ten, up to level 22, which only took one full run of the Council Earth map actually.  After that I logged off the 2nd account and trained Storm Girl up, and was planning to slot her with level 25 generic IOs, but at that point someone decided that there were enough people standing around in the Portal Corp courtyard to form a team, and therefore we should all join up and do something.

This is what I'd generally consider a bad idea, but the truth is that there are so few people playing these days that even a bad idea might seem like a good idea.  The person who had said this quickly invited everyone else, and then asked what we should do and if there was a 50 who could lead the team.  He was 47 and I was only 22, so I didn't care, but I was not expecting much from a team that was formed before we even knew what we wanted to do.  However, one of the people was a level 50 who had tip missions to run, and agreed to let us run them as long as she wasn't in charge of the team (she wound up in charge eventually anyway).

Once again I doubted the wisdom of what we were doing when the mission-holder asked if she should change her settings, she was at +4.  Of course, right after she said this two people entered the misison and it was therefor already set at +4.  I expected the worst, but actually we did really well, which I attribute to a couple of things -- we had support (four corrs and a defender) and we had high-damage tankage (two brutes).  The blaster was just extra gravy damage on top of everything.  Also, we stuck together, which was pretty key.

And... things continued to go well.   I gained two more levels over the course of several missions.  That was my evening.

Thursday I did not even log in.  I've been participating in NaNoWriMo, and it seemed a good night to spend writing.  As of Thursday evening I was at 14,000 words, right on track for where I should be.  Contrary to the stated NaNoWriMo goal I am not trying to write a novel, but a series of Grandpa Anarchy short stories -- one a day if possible, and so far I've started 1 every day and have finished 5 of 8 so far.  I'm still trying to finish the other three, while starting a new one each day.  My ultimate goal when I'm done will be to assemble all of this into a self-published book with maybe some illustrations from a friend -- these are original stories, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment