Saturday, November 10, 2012

90 Days to the Apocalypse -- Day 71

This morning I decided to see if I could level up Storm Girl Ten to 40.  Freaky was planning to run a Doc Q later in the day, and 40 is the minimum level.  Before I started, I did a quick PL to get One Divine Hammer from 39.5 to 40, as that was one of my backup plans, to use her.  I didn't really think I could manage to get Storm Girl Ten high enough, but I went for it anyway.  I've been wanting to play the character, I've never played storm and water blast is still a very fun set.

Anyway... I spent all morning PLing.  I got her to about 38.5 by the time Freaky started his TF, but I didn't join.  I was feeling ambivalent about it, I was supposed to go do stuff with my friends in Seattle but like usual I wanted to be lazy and goof off and play City of Heroes.  I've been looking at the calendar, and I won't be able to play a lot Thanksgiving weekend, and then the next week the game ends Friday night.  So this is one of my last big weekends to do stuff.

Anyway Maressa logged on and asked if I'd join a Sutter TF if she could get others to join, and I said sure.  So we formed a Sutter and I brought my newly level 38 storm fender Storm Girl Ten.  We had 3 fenders and 3 corrs and a stalker and brute... it went really well.  Afterwards we ran a Penny Yin, and that also went well, and Storm Girl Ten finished less than 9,000 xp from level 40.





By that point it was Hami time, and I switched to Nina Ballerina for what turned out to be a really smooth hami raid, the best we've had in probably two months maybe.  That was cool indeed.  Freaky's Doc Q finished up just before we got started, and a few friends like CA logged in just in time to join us too.



I discovered something that I'd never noticed before too... the one MA spin kick move, when hovering, leaves you poised with one foot cocked, which looks really cool.  I need to take a few photos of my MA scrappers in that pose.  ^_^



Freaky started a second Doc Q after and once again I wasn't sure I wanted to join, because it's a big time commitment and I'd been online all day and avoiding doing things I'd promised to do like work on NaNoWriMo, exercise, or go hang out with my friends.  So I was wishy-washy and didn't join once again.  But after, Mr. Trilby and Maressa and Kali wanted to do something and I'd said that I needed Ice Mistral SF and two of the treespec badges on Mouse, so we decided to run a treespec.  It actually sounded like we were going to run several things, but in the end we ran only the one level 44+ treespec, which as it turned out was the one I already had (I screwed up on that).  We ran it slow because some people hadn't done it before, and by the time we were done and I'd failed to earn a new badge, nobody wanted to stick around for anything else, except Kali.  That kind of depressed me -- I'd been feeling really good because several friends wanted to help me get some badges on Mouse, and then I pick the wrong treespec, and then everyone leaves after.  And I think if I'd earned a badge it wouldn't have bothered me at all that people had to leave, so it was all on me, but it just kind of felt like, "Well, that was a waste, later all".



However another group of people were forming a 24+ treespec in LFG, so I joined them and got the badge for the low level version.  Now I just need the middle one.  That puts Mouse at 1238 badges -- I'd told Mr. T I thought I had 1239, but I was two off.  That was another thing that made me feel like I was, I don't know, kind of scatterbrained or something.

On the plus side, I met a forum person right after the hami raid who has been reading my blog, that was cool.  ^_^

Later in the evening I worked up a build for Storm Girl Ten, then logged in to run costume missions and get her to 40 and do a respec... and I found out that while I was offline, my friends had spawned and killed Caleb.  So I'm having terrible luck with badges lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment