Friday, November 16, 2012

90 Days to the Apocalypse -- Day 76


Last night I logged in and decided to try and push Storm Girl Ten to at least 45, so I fired up the laptop and got her and Trinkets in my Council earth mission ready to go.

Almost immediately, Kali wanted to run a Synapse.  This put me in a quandry because realistically I wasn't doing anything very important and would like to join a Synapse, but actually I wanted to get Storm Girl to 45 first.  Or at least spend some time running my mission, now that I'd bothered to set it up.

Luckily for me, there were other people who wanted to join who were busy doing other things too.  I set out to destroy my mission, and by the time everyone else was ready, I was one bubble away from 45.  I asked for 4 more minutes, and hit 45 in just a few more spawns.  Then I switched to playing Storm Girl on my main computer and headed to Skyway.

Our Synapse looked like it would be great -- we had four corruptors and two defenders, plus a brute and a warshade.  But one of the corruptors said she had to leave just before we started (leader apparently didn't notice this) and she dropped soon after.  Then a second corruptor mysteriously dropped after the first two missions, leaving us with only six.  We got one of the largest lab maps twice in a row, and overall it just took a long time.  At one point I stealthed to the boss room and then realized that I'd already used my ATT and that Recall Friend wasn't available to me at that level.

Zombie logged in last night -- he's been without power or heat for 11 days.  He wanted to form up an ITF, but most of us were still on the Synapse.  We managed to get him and Mr. Trilby to help out with Babbage (Mr. T was otherwise completely uninterested in running a Synapse, he apparently regards it as torture).  We finished in two hours, which is a bit long as I said.  Storm Girl hit level 46.

Right after that Zombie formed his ITF, and this was an even better ITF than the one I'd run the night before.  Zombie's ITFs usually are really good.  CA joined, and Jane, and Zentry and Ragey and Kali and pretty much a lot of friends.  I stayed on Storm Girl for this and hit 47 by the end when we were doing the towers.  Huzzah!  We were destroying things so thoroughly that in the third mission I flew up to the tops of the two gates with hurricane on and aggro'd all of the guys standing up there and brought them down to the group, and I'm not sure if anyone even noticed that.  They all just died really fast.


I asked Zombie if he ever created a Zombie Roaster, because one of the Grandpa Anarchy stories I wrote this week featured a Zombeh Roaster character based largely on Zombie Fryer.  But he didn't reply, he was being inundated by greetings and tells probably at the time.  Anyway, I probably should just post the story in my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment