Saturday, October 20, 2012

90 Days to the Apocalypse -- Day 50


I spent my Saturday morning powerleveling.  Nothing really exciting to talk about -- many of my friends were logging in for the first time in a long while, lots of task forces were being run, the Extra Life campaign was in full swing -- but I just wanted to take advantage of the double experience to work on a few alts.

I took Stalker Girl One to 25, then I created a Brute Girl Zero and took her to 22.  I'm not even sure why I did that, except I have at least 10 buffbot girls and a Scrapper Girl One and Stalker Girl One who are former buffbot girls, and I still feel compelled to make more.  I don't know that I actually plan to get any of them up to level 50 in the next month, but I guess we'll see.

I used Trinkets for the first run, but then I couldn't get the mission to reset, so I switched to Megamisama, my street justice/shield brute.  So if I'm trying to play all of my 50's before Nov 30th, there's another.  :D

I had other alts to consider PLing -- a beast master named Dog Aggro, a plant/nature troller on my 2nd account named Summerland Fairy or something like that, a titan weapons/electric armor brute on my second account as well named Tesla's Cat.  But instead I kept thinking about that cool costume I saw the other day, and wanted to make a star guardian/solar sentinel/Sailor Pluto or Saturn type of character, tall and slender.  Preferably with that big glaive or time gate key, but that's not possible.  The character I'd seen was a staff fighter with the tech staff with the blade at one end, that looked pretty cool, but ultimately I think I like titan weapons better than staff melee.  I created another brute, titan weapons paired with super reflexes, and named her Saturn Princess.

I ran the tutorial -- quite probably my last time doing that -- and then logged in Sparks Fly and headed to Peregrine Island.  One run of the Council Earth map set to +4/8 got my new brute to level 20.5.  A second run got me to 26.

At this point I took a break to level up, get my Ouro portal, and sell of in Ouroboros.  I ran into the teenager from the DFB the night before -- several people on that DFB had decided to global friend everyone, and he was one of them.  He asked if I remembered him, and then didn't believe me when I said yes until I gave more details.  He wanted to do missions together but I said I was busy with a project.  He also noticed Saturn Princess and said (to her) "Dang, I saw you this morning and you were only level 2!"

I never really know what to do about inviting people to my farms.  On the one hand, I feel kind of silly asking friends in my global channels since a lot of them can PL when they want, and are more interested in task forces, and so I often don't bother offering, but that also seems like I'm being selfish or not very friendly.  But the few times I've mentioned it confirmed for me that most people in the channels I'm in would rather do other things if they can.  On the other hand, I could probably fill out a team by broadcasting in LFG, but then I'm PLing strangers and in addition run the risk of some idiot deciding to click all the glowies and try to ruin things for me.  So usually I'd rather just help people I know, or PL myself.

But this kid on my global friend's list is smart, so he figured out what I was doing and found me again in Peregrine Island, and asked if he could join.  He was polite about it so I said sure.  I had already done another run, Saturn Princess was 30 now.  I did two more runs and got Saturn Princess to 36, and my friend's tank from 29 to almost 35.  He asked if I could help him with his aura mission after and so I did, quite easy on my tricked out level 50 electric/shield scrapper.  ^_^

After that it was hami time, so I headed to Eden on Liberty or Debt.  I wanted to take the blaster because I've only ever run one hami raid on a blaster and that was about two years ago with Serpentine Fire.  Also they had very little blasting going on last week, the melee team had to help take out the blues after the yellows were down every round.  But tonight there were a lot of people online and we ran a full-sized hami raid that went very smoothly -- just like old times.

Maybe next week I'll try to bring a support toon, I've never done that on a raid.  Forest Goddess would be a good choice, I think.  I'm not entirely sure what I'd have to do though -- hit my buffs at the right time, watch the hami taunter, and play blaster on the blues I guess.

Anyway that was my day.  ^_^  Liberty or Debt is another 50 played before Nov 30th!  Ha!



No comments:

Post a Comment