Thursday, October 18, 2012

90 Days to the Apocalypse -- Day 48


It's Double Experience Weekend, for the last time ever!

Tonight I started off by doing another villain ouro badge mission.  This one was with -- Willy Wheeler I think his name is -- and the Ouro mission actually has you run through all of his short missions, only one of which is a badge mission.  But even after I got the badge I wanted to finish all of them because that's the only way to get the 17 merits.  Unfortunately, that didn't happen.

First, Zombie and Gems and company were starting up an ITF.  I wanted to join that so I parked Mouse back in First Ward and switched to Forest Goddess.  We ran a very successful ITF, trounced everything, and I went from level 44 to level 46.5.  :D

After this I attempted to switch to one of my brand new lowbies in order to gain some quick levels via DFB, but this also failed.  First, I was blind invited by another person standing at Miss Liberty, then they apparently attached our two-person team to a Magesterium Trial League that was attempting to form in Dark Astoria, then they quit.  I didn't realize I was in a league until people started talking in league chat.  I quit immediately, and before I could do anything else, Cobalt Avenger told me that we were about to start that Lord Recluse Strike Force that we'd talked about running the night before.  So I switched back to Mouse Police, and I had to quit my Ouro TF without finishing and collecting my merits.  Boo!



But the dirty secret that I didn't tell my friends was that this was the first time I've ever been on a LRSF.  It's virtually the only TF/SF in the game that I'd never done (still haven't done the villain version of the Kahn/5th Column Strike Force either though, probably never will).  Once again we had a very good team with all people I've played with for a long time -- Zombie, Gems, Cobalt, Jane, Diviverse, and joe.  Zombie used his 2nd account to give us 8 people, and everything went great.  I was able to follow people and look like I knew what I was doing.  ^_^  I got three badges from this, so I finished the night at 1169.

After that I was planning to play a lowbie again, but Whisper was forming another steamroll ITF and how can I refuse ITF n a DXP weekend?  This time I brought Eternal Sweeper, and things did not go quite as smoothly as the other ITF but in the end we were fine, we had a great tank and also no hero's tank who was also very good, and two not very good tanks.  We finished in an hour.  But it made me laugh when people complained that we'd pulled the two AVs in the third mission while taking down the computer.  Most ITFs I'm on do this and we're fine, but apparently on a team of four tanks it was a dangerous thing to do.  Whatever.


Eternal Sweeper gained almost 4 full levels on this ITF -- from 36 to nearly 40.  Nothing to complain about there!


No comments:

Post a Comment