Tuesday, October 30, 2012

90 Days to the Apocalypse -- Day 60



No pictures tonight.  I did three things.  (Well, technically four things, since I spent some time when I first logged in documenting my Freedom characters on my 2nd account.)

First, I joined an ITF being formed by Ragey Cat.  I was very dubious about how this might go since I didn't know most of those involved, and our brute went on about how much her character sucked and how she didn't remember how to play it, and Ragey said his character sucked too, and the defender boldly exclaimed that we shouldn't worry because they only had two attacks and therefore were a perfect, dedicated support toon.  Oh joy, someone who doesn't contribute to the team's damage at all.  Not what I consider great team support, but eh.

But we did surprisingly well.  So well, in fact, that our other brute requested that we "turn it up" for the last mission because we were stomping everything.  Oh, joy, my 2nd favorite thing on an ITF -- trying to run it at too high a level.  It's like the Peter Principle, you turn the difficulty up until you find the level where the team can no longer perform adequately, and stay there.

But this went fairly well too.  I mean, aside from dozens of deaths, mostly by everybody but me I have to admit.  They were level 52 mostly, +3 to me but that's manageable and we did have several 50's on the team.  But it's the battle with Rommy that I was worried about, and that went pretty well.  Our brute who "really sucked" and "didn't know how to play the character" jumped in and demanded everyone attack her targets, which were the nictus first.  We killed Rommy only once, after all three nicti were dead, and it went very smoothly, and we cleared the towers afterwards in record time, so I guess I was worried about nothing.

Second, I switched to Mouse Police and joined CA (Colbolt Avenger!  Yay, see, I know how to spell it!) and Jane and we ran the rest of Ghost Widow's arc, which earned us all the Usurper badge and unlocked the LRSF as well.  Oh, and I almost forgot, when I logged in Mouse I got the Trickster badge for being a rogue for seven days.  Woo!

Third and finally, we ran a quick DFB for badges because Mouse didn't have those yet.  I logged in Squiddy Kitty on my 2nd account and set her to squid form and auto follow with one blast power on auto fire, which almost was a huge mistake when we got to the Vahz AV.  But no worries, we got all three badges and Squiddy only died twice, lol.  Having her float after me shooting everything I was attacking worked pretty well.  ^_^

And... that was it for the evening.  Mouse has 1224 badges now!

And... okay I lied.  Here's a picture, one character with an interesting bio that I'd forgotten about:


No comments:

Post a Comment