Wednesday, October 10, 2012

90 Days to the Apocalypse -- Day 40


Tonight before logging in I  started to archive my "Zero to Awesome 2" thread.  Right now I'm just saving it to a rich text file, but with the ability to edit my posts I can save the original text including photo links, so I should be able to reconstruct it in my blog later fairly easily.  I did the first two pages -- it's kind of a time consuming process, but if I do a bit at a time I should get it done in just a few days.

One thing I noticed was that someone had asked why I didn't do things the easy way or take obvious shortcuts, and it occurred to me that, if you follow that kind of thinking to its logical conclusion, you get Swift Sky.  PL'd to 40, IO'd with money from my marketing toons and IOs I had in storage.  ^_^  I like doing things that way too but it doesn't really demonstrate something that anyone in the game can do.  The point of my zero to awesome threads was to show how literally anyone could come up with a great build by level 50, and do it all in one month.


Anyway tonight when I logged in the first teaming opportunity I saw was some global channel friends who were running the last mission of Serpent Drummer's Rikti Warzone Arc.  That sounded like some quick experience and not a long time commitment, so I joined up immediately.

Just after getting into the mission someone else was forming an ITF.  I would have preferred the ITF, actually, but I didn't think that was a good reason to quit so I said nothing.  And, actually, the final mission was really fun.  You face Lord of War  Hro'Dtohz, an AV, in the same final room that you get on the Lady Gray Task Force.  That means it's a big room filled with rikti, so it's a massive kill-fest on a good team, which we were.  And then Nemesis shows up so you get a second AV and a lot more people to bash.  I had fun.  ^_^



Not long after that a friend wanted to run a Penelope Yin TF to help him get his character to 50.  I need that for TFC so I agreed.  Once we started, we were informed that it was a speed TF and he wanted to finish in 20 minutes.  We actually took 24.  I'm not a fan of speeding the Yin TF for whatever reason (one reason being that it's not long no matter how you run it), and it seemed odd to suggest a TF because he wanted experience, but then to speed through it.  But he hit 50 in the final fight so I guess he knew what he needed, and at least he announced it right at the start.  I would have liked more experience but I also just wanted the badge so no worries.

And it turned out that it was a good thing we were speeding it because some other friends were starting up another ITF just as we hit the final room.  Yeah, now THAT'S what I wanted!  By this point I was 4 bubbles from level 49 and I figured a good run with an xp booster would get me to 50.  But I actually forgot about the xp booster until we were partway into the first mission, and I didn't hit 49 until halfway through the 2nd mission, so it was looking iffy whether I really could hit 50 or not.



One thing about the team -- I was almost the only melee on the team.  We had a brute join late, and I was glad for that, but it was a tauntless brute so we were about equal as far as tanking went.  We had three nature affinity defenders, a fire/kin controller, a dark controller, and fire/rad corruptor.  Needless to say, my willpower scrapper was not only capped for defense but capped for resists and with a nice hit point buffer from NA's absorb buff.  I felt pretty darn tough.  ^_^

Things went well and we finished off Rommy and cleared the towers... and I was still just a bit over 1 bubble from 50.  I took a break, and came back later and ran the walls for a short while and hit 50 that way, then I went to Ouroboros and did my Alpha unlock mission.



Another evening successfully wasted!

One thing I noticed running the wall... Swift Sky still has endurance issues when solo.  I'll have to use my Alpha to address  that, since I went for the pyro epic pool instead of the one that might help me with my endurance.

I also finally came up with a bio for Swift Sky just last night:


No comments:

Post a Comment