Monday, October 29, 2012

90 Days to the Apocalypse -- Day 59


First off, I want to say something.  According to the event schedule we were given, the Halloween event was to run from the 26th to the 29th.  I checked it several times.  I added it to the message of the global channel where I'm a mod.  I repeated it when people asked how long the event would last.  I double-checked it to make sure I was right.  I know people who weren't able to log on this weekend who were counting on the event being still live for Monday the 29th.

Why was the event already over when I logged in today?  First of all, why wouldn't you schedule it through Halloween if you possibly could?  But more importantly, why can't you at least schedule it for when you actually say it's going to happen?

I didn't have anything hinging on it myself, I just wanted to enjoy the event one more day.  But as I said, I know people that were very much counting on it and were very unhappy.  Not that anything can be done about it now, I'm sure.  But it was very disappointing.

Anyway... tonight I spent a lot of time documenting the characters on Virtue that I hadn't already done that for so far.  I have my two main accounts done by now anyway, but I do have other accounts I'll have to do as well.  Later in the evening I joined a small team running the Ouroboros Task Forces -- Twilight's Son TF, Mender Lazarus TF, and Mender Silos TF.  I like the Lazarus TF and especially I like the Silos TF with the Jade Spider -- why can't any normal TF have giant monsters like that?  I mean, a couple do, but I've said this before, the Hess TF should have a giant robot striding across Striga Isle, and the giant robots in the ITF should come alive, and... well several more things like that.  Maybe a giant robot in a revamped Citadel TF.  I just don't get why there's such a cool giant spider in this TF that nobody runs, that doesn't give a badge, that can be run at such a weak level that you can defeat the spider with a feather duster.  I've always wished the Ouro TFs gave badges, we even had one person tonight who joined us for the Lazarus but then after realizing there were no badges invovled, did not join for the Silos.  They practically give some badges away for free, sneeze and you get a badge, but for some reason the Ouro TFs were "just for fun" and never warranted a badge, and for that reason alone a lot of people have never run them and they're missing out on some fun stuff.

We didn't run the Tesseract TF, or the Calvin Scott.  I might have to run those on my own later, and I might just have to run Silos again.  I like it.  I do recommend people run through it once if they never have, it's worth it for the spider alone.

I ran the first two TFs on Eternal Sweeper and reached level 40.  The last one I had to switch to a 45+ character, so I used Megami Hime, who is my other Titan Weapons brute with an excalibur.  She's willpower though, but tough and fun to play!





One other thing... I sent a LotG 7.5% recharge IO to Cobalt Avenger tonight.  Only, as it turns out, my friend that I've been playing with for the last 1 1/2 to 2 years is Colbolt Avenger.  I'm really paranoid and always double-check globals before e-mailing anything, but I'm so used to looking at "Colbolt Avenger" and seeing "Cobalt Avenger" that when I opened up my friend's list and looked right at his name and then at what I typed, I saw the same thing both times.

He said that it had happened before, another friend had e-mailed 500 million influence to Cobalt Avenger, whoever that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment