Friday, October 12, 2012

90 Days to the Apocalypse -- Day 42

I spent a little time backing up more of my "Zero to Awesome 2" thread.  It's a lot of work, but I'm nearly done with that one, then I want to do the original Zero to Awesome thread, and maybe my other market threads -- the 30 random merits in 30 days one at least.

Tonight was giant monster night.  I started off running the wall in Cimemora again because nothing was going on -- well, actually my friends were already on a Citadel, which I would have liked to join but I logged in too late.  Then Shimmer started up his weekly Friday night Mother Ship Raid.  Once upon a time I never joined that because the zone would fill up too quickly, but these days you can join at any point if you want.  By the time I hit the zone they were already on the ship and planting bombs.  I decided to plant a bomb before asking to join, so seeing that the three left-hand grills were taken care of, I ran to the fourth grill and helped someone take it down.  I figured whoever it was was going to plant, and ran to the 5th grill, when Shimmer sent me a direct tell to go back and plant the 4th bomb because they didn't have enough teams.  At once Commander!  Heh, Shimmer's very sharp, he spotted me and what I was doing instantly, then sent me an invite which I clicked on after the bomb was planted.


The raid was fun.  I earned a couple of shards (3 I think) and over 500 vanguard merits, with which I purchased a heavy since they're kind of handy to have.  Swift Sky does well on large teams with support.  Not so well in long fights with little support, my endurance problems are too great.  I need to get my Alpha slot filled and see if that fixes the problem, otherwise I ma need to go back to the drawing board and pick a different epic power pool.

Speaking of which, my bids on the last two pieces for my build filled today -- Apocalypse and Ragnarok, I have a set of 5 of each in fire blast and fireball now.

After the raid nothing else seemed to be happening so I logged for a while and I went to exercise.  When I logged back in later, I joined a four-person team to take down the Kraken.


(Most of my pictures from this evening are pretty crappy, sorry!)

Anyway this turned out to be a monster hunting team that had already killed Jack in Irons and Babbage.  We headed to Crey's Folly next and took down Jurrasik.  Then they were wondering what to do next, and someone said we could summon Adamaster if anyne could afford the recipe, but I'd already bought one while they were typing this.  ^_^  500,000 for a monster summoning recipe, that's chump change for me!


There were only three of us by this point (Whisper X was running a MoUG, so we'd lost one person to that).  I used my Vanguard temp robot.  :D

After Adamaster we looked for Jack and Eochai but neither were up, but we found Lusca in Independence Port.  We eventually had a full team of 8 to take Lusca down, including an old friend who logged in and sent me a tell, "You really DO long in still!"  I basically said, Uh, I log in almost every night, where've you been?  Anyway, he admitted he hasn't been on much and must have missed me, and also tried to offer me his cash hoard of some 15 billion since he wasn't planning to do anything with it.  But I have billions of my own that I probably won't be able to spend, so I declined.   I'm obviously the last person who needs it.  But maybe I should have taken it and given it away to other people, or burned it at the Crazy 88 bonfire on October 31st.


I still say Lusca is worth more than two measly merits!


That was my Friday.


No comments:

Post a Comment