Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Characters, part 4 -- The Diva Sisters & Serpentine Fire



I believe this story starts with Serpentine Fire.


As originally envisioned, Serpentine Fire was a fire/fire blaster modeled after Naga the Serpent from Slayers.  Here's a picture of Naga for comparison:


I was really happy with the name, taken from the Earth, Wind and Fire song.  It provided a connection to Naga the Serpent while not being obvious, it referenced a song that I liked, and it was just a good name over all.

Serpentine Fire started life on Freedom, and was my first level 50 there, as well as my first 50 blaster (even now I only have two of them).  She was also the first character I "purpled out" with a few sets of purple (very rare) IOs.  She had more global recharge than she could possibly need, because that's really all I built for.

In time I began to play on Virtue exclusively, and I moved Serpentine Fire there, but I had to place a dash in the middle of the name:  Serpentine-Fire.  But I rarely played the character, and so when the European and US servers were merged into a single server list, I moved Serpentine Fire to Union server, and she got back her original name without the dash.  My idea was that I'd maybe play on Union once in a while, but that never happened, and I pretty much never played the character again.  I used her as one of my level 50 marketing toons and that was it.

But I really liked her costumes, especially this one:



The thing about Serpentine Fire is that she is tall with a very curvy figure and maxed boob slider.  Naga is famous for having huge breasts, so this was an absolute must.  I originally felt self-conscious about playing her, but I also liked her because I really didn't have a lot of characters built on those proportions.  So one day I decided to make a new character on Virtue who could look similar.


That character was Destruction Diva, a corrupter.  I was proud of finding that name free.  I loved how she looked and I played her a great deal.  After only a week or two or constantly playing her, I decided I needed to make another... or several.  I liked playing corruptors, and having multiple versions on the same theme appealed to me.

And, as it happened, "Devastation Diva", "Decimation Diva" and "Disruption Diva" were all available.  So... all three were soon part of my stable of characters:




There's not much else to say about them.  I came up with the bios afterwards.  Like my buffbot girls, they were identical except in this case their costumes were colored differently.  Disruption Diva was a blaster, the only non-corr.  I made them all in the Spring of 2012 so I really didn't get a lot of time to play them or develop them; by summer I was working on other project characters anyway, but I still had plans to finish the later three sisters someday.  That never happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment