Sunday, September 9, 2012

90 Days to the Apocalypse -- Day 9


Not too much to say about what I did today in-game.

First, since I had grabbed an Ouro mission with Princess Ozma the day before in order to hold a torch up in Atlas Park for a long time without auto-logging, I decided to complete that Ouro arc.  This was "A Madman's Council" which leads to the unlocking of the Hess Task Force, so I hadn't exactly picked a mission at random.  It's a fast arc and unlock.


(You can tell the arc has just ended because everything's gone all sepia-toned.)

Anyway, I'll have to try and run a Hess this week I suppose.

Freaky ran a Sara Moore TF Sat evening which I wasn't able to join, and this morning he wanted to run Justin Augustine.  He was working his way through all of the shard TFs.  Now, JA is what I consider the worst task force in the game -- most people have hatred for Citadel or Synapse, and Doc Q is famous for being the longest, most-drawn-out series of generic maps in existence, but what JA has over all of them is a bunch of hunts.  Over and over and over.  There are about 3 actual door missions in the TF, but JA is, to me, the #1 example of the "I'm too lazy to create an actual task force, I'll just throw stuff together and call it good" Task Force.

But I was willing to help Freaky do it anyway.  Only it was too early in the morning so nobody else joined, and he said he'd try later.  Woo, bad TF averted!

My big plan for the day was to PL one of my old blasters to 50.  Liberty or Debt is a fun character that I've had forever, and has been 45 for a while.  I came up with a build for her a couple of months ago but hadn't implemented it (she still didn't even have inherent fitness yet -- sooo many characters to respec, and I hate recpec'ing).  So I fired up the laptop and soon was PLing away, and got her to 47.  Then I spent maybe 2 hours doing the respec and digging up all of the IOs needed for the new build.  While I was doing my respec, Freaky came back and started up his Justin Augustine TF.  He sent me a tell asking if I wanted to join but I didn't get it until the respec was done, and he'd already started by then.  Bad TF averted again!

I took a long break from the game,  When I came back, Freaky and my other friends were already running the last shard TF, Faathim the Kind.  Ah well.  I went back to the PL thing and got my blaster to 50.  Along the way I got complimented on her costume and bio, and tipped 5 million influence because someone enjoyed it so much.  So here it is:


I got to 50 and ran the Alpha Unlock mission, and that was my evening.  Oh, and I got two purple recipes in the process too -- both times right after I'd deleted some generic recipes because my inventory was full.  :D

Not probably the best example of how to spend your last days in CoH, but I'm hoping to play Liberty or Debt a few times with the new build so it should be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment