Friday, September 7, 2012

90 Days to the Apocalypse -- Day 7


There weren't a lot of people online tonight it seemed.  I started the night by spending a bunch of my tokens on super packs.  I had 10 tokens saved up on Aug 31st, I've now spent 8 of them on super packs because I really don't know what else to do with them.  Anyway, by the time I was done opening all of that, I had 6 catalysts, so I used them to upgrade the brute ATOs on Huntress Midnight.  This gave me over 50% smashing/lethal defense on an electric armor brute.  ^_^  (This is my only character that will ever have catalyzed ATOs I think.)

Freaky eventually formed a speed Miss Liberty TF. and I decided to bring Huntress Midnight and see how her improved defense held up.  We had three brutes, a scrapper, a stalker, a blaster, a warshade... only one support AT of any kind, and he abruptly quit without warning in the third mission.  After that, we no longer had anything resembling a speed TF.  Some of the team members were not 50, those that were, weren't necessarily incarnated or well IO'd.  Freaky was, and my toon was IO'd to the gills but only had a T1 alpha.  Throughout most of the TF though, I felt like one of the most powerful people on the team, which  probably wasn't a good sign.  But it was nice after being clearly the weakest person on the Tin Mage the night before.

When we got to the last mission though, all of that changed.  We tried to pull Mako to the corner, but then Black Scorpion came over, and then all of them showed up.  Multiple team wipes followed.  So much for me being a tough brute with massive defense -- defense ain't everything.  At one point I grew frustrated, and realizing I had 35 shards and 3 notices of the well on me, I decided to craft my T3 alpha.  But I had to exit the mission because my teammates were still fighting, and that counts as me being in combat apparently.  And, naturally, backin IP there was a zombie invasion.  :p  Somehow I managed to be out of combat just long enough to slot my T3 though, and buy some quick inspirations (we were all out of them after multiple team wipes).

Having a level shift helped me a bit, and I'd bought some Ultimate inspirations as well (what else is my money good for anyway?)  But I still died a couple more times before we cleared the four amigos.

After that, we had more trouble with the flyer.  It was over Recluse, and when we tried to pull it someone held it.  :p  Then I aggro'd some ground guys who grounded me, so I had to fight them... what a mess.  Then when we charged in to take on the red tower, there was miscommunication and our taunter Freaky was back clearing up some of the other guys still, so Recluse started slaughtering everyone.  I flew up and taunted him, and about that time Freaky came and said he had Recluse now, but I suspected that he didn't, and yep, Recluse followed me.  I waited, and then was told "everyone should be on the tower!"  So I went over  there... but Freaky still didn't have Recluse, who ran over and started slaughtering the team again.  After another minute I gave up and went back to hover-taunting Recluse myself, and kept at it until the towers were down.  By which point the flyer was back, but we just pulled Recluse to the cubby hole and fought him there.

Total time for our so-called "speed" TF:  1 hour 53 minutes.  :P

Ah well, even a TF that almost falls apart seems like a good deal when you know it might be your last one ever.  And after all, we did finish it.  :D


No comments:

Post a Comment