Thursday, September 27, 2012

90 Days to the Apocalypse -- Day 27


I have today off but I'll be at the convention by Noon (and I'll have to turn in my rental and go pick up my PT Cruiser this evening, assuming it's actually finally fixed by tonight).  But I logged in this morning for a couple of hours.  I spent my time working on my build for Swift Sky, and then Power Leveling her three more levels to level 38.  My build is mostly complete to what I can actually slot at level 38, but I still have bids in for a few things.  I spent some money this morning!  Hope it went to someone who is still playing the game and can use it.

Usually I try to get pictures from whatever Task Force I did that day, but I'm often busy and forget, and even when I do remember, there's not always time to swing the camera around to get a good angle (and I wish the camera controls in this game were more robust).  I don't usually consider taking pictures while I'm PLing, because PLing is not exciting, so it doesn't occur to me that pictures from it would be interesting.

But I was thinking today that I really enjoy just beating up on bad guys, even on a Council Earth map that I've run over and over.  No other game is going to let me run at super speed, take a flying leap, land in a group of 15 oor 20 enemies above my level, and then unleash massive AoE destruction upon them, all while dressed as a ballerina girl, or a cat, or a barbie doll, or a demon, or (insert your character here).  Just the act of leaping into the enemy group is a blast, I do that all the time and it's one reason I usually take combat jumping as a pool power.



So I thought, "I really like doing this, I should document it.  It's one of the things I'll miss when the game's gone."

Also since I control the pacing and there's only my character to deal with, I can generally get better pictures. So here's a few of me smashing Council:








I'm going to miss all of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment