Monday, September 24, 2012

90 Days to the Apocalypse -- Day 23


To begin with, there was this picture:


This was posted in the "Costume Redesign Thread" because someone was trying to replicate that look.

Now, we are told that this is a male character, so the best replies were imaged of male characters.  But I and a couple of others submitted female versions.  Here's mine:


This was all a few weeks ago.  This past week I came across this picture again, and suddenly I really, really wanted to make a character with this look.  I know I've sworn off making new alts -- but surely one more couldn't hurt?  I've only played titan weapons to 50 once, and that was with a sword.  I know the set is no different with a hammer, but for me looks and concept mean a lot, so really, it does make a difference.  After all, I have 5 or 6 different broadsword/shield scrappers and brutes because each one embodies an entire different concept/look.

The next step was the Virtue Name Watch thread.  Well, actually, the next step was finding someone to delete.  I have 48 characters on Virtue on each of my two main accounts, and while I clearly won't be playing all of those characters again before the game signs off, I don't really want to delete most of them.  But I had a Street Justice scrapper named Tori Blackheart (sister of Tiffany Blackheart) who was all of level 4, and not likely to ever see level 5.  And I already had a Street Justice brute (Megamisama) and stalker (Shinobi Shinobu).  So into the dustbin went Tori!

Then the next step was Virtue Name Watch.  Some people had "released to the wild" names that they'd been saving (hoarding) against the day they might use them for a good concept.  I searched through said name list and came across Swift Sky, which I liked quite a bit.

Thus was my new scrapper born!



I gave her three different looks, so she's not always a near-clone of the original picture.  ^_^

This will almost certainly be the last new character I create, and my goal is to get her to 50 as well.  Maybe just by PLing most or all of the way there, we'll see.

I spent a lot of time Sunday powerleveling Swift Sky up to 22.  Then a friend wanted to start up a Numina Task Force, so I joined that with Black Snake Sister.  This was good -- in my rush to get more characters to 35 and Numi-capable, I'd completely forgotten that the actual friend who was running all of the WSTs for the helper badge wasn't going to be around for a while.  But there's always someone running whatever TF is the WST, I suppose.

Anyway that was all I got to do Sunday evening, I was busy for most of Sunday until about 5 PM, so I only had a few hours to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment