Wednesday, September 26, 2012

90 Days to the Apocalypse -- Day 26


The first thing I did tonight was scour my bases for IOs that I needed for Swift Sky's build.  My bases are growing a bit bare in some respects, because of all my recently IO'd alts.  I used to keep a lot of Miracle and Numina uniques lying around, but could only find one lone Miracle for Swift Sky.  Also I need a bunch of Eradication, regular Numina, and Reactive Armor IOs for my build, which I've had in the past but not much t be found at the moment.

On the other hand I had some of the other stuff I needed -- all the Luck of the Gambler Defense and +7.5% rechage IOs I could want, full scrapper ATO set, Rectified Reticle set, Glad Armor +3% IO, Performance Shifter endurance IO (but not the +endurance proc), run stealth proc, and 3 of 4 pieces for four different sets of Kinetic Combat (I never have any of the damage/endurance lying about).  Also full set of Basilisk's Gaze even though I haven't picked up Char yet. So my build is about half done.

I did a little more PLing of my scrapper.  I accomplished three things:   1.  Got Swift Sky to 35,  2.  Got to 28 shards on Trinkets and proceeded to craft my Favor of the Well and my T4 Alpha, and 3.  Got another purple drop, a sleep IO this time.

I like to drop my IO into a global channel to show off when I've got a purple drop.  Since this dropped to Swift Sky, the one being PL'd, that account was on the laptop.  Earlier I'd tried to alt for what I thought was an ITF being started by a friend, but the game had crashed on my main computer, and having Swift Sky still on the laptop I'd started to send a tell to the friend who I thought was starting the ITF (while I was logging back in on the main computer), before realizing they were doing some other kind of Nemesis mission instead.  So I hadn't completed the tell, but in my chat bar I still had /t @friend sitting there.  My laptop sits off to the side and has a weird keyboard (it was a German-made laptop I got cheap) and the numlock key is always on, and I tend to play in the dark so I can't see the keyboard (I have a bluetooth keyboard if I need, but nowhere to set it on the desk, so it's either in my lap or set aside).  Suffice it to say, I hadn't bothered to clear the chat bar because it was too much trouble, and I might have sent my friend a blank message or garbage character message in the process.

So I tried to send to my global channel a link showing off my new purple recipe, but instead I sent it as a tell to my friend.  Felt kinda dumb doing that, although he just made fun of it.  But then, I figured, what the heck, and sent him my crafted purple from the night before.  This had been a Coercive Persuasion, but after all of these PL runs Trinkets had 15 converters on her and I'd converted it into a nice Armageddon.  So random stupid tell becomes nice purple IO!  :D

Just after I got Swift Sky to 35, a Manticore formed and I joined on Trinkets.  Wanted to get my high-damage scrapper out on a real TF for a change, instead of running around a Council earth map over and over.  We had an electric melee/shield brute, and a mace/shield  brute, and a street justice/willpower brute, but I still think I was the tank!  :D

Finished our Manti in 37 minutes.  That was my evening.

I won't get to play much for the rest of the week, I'll be at a con (Rainfurrest) so that may be all I have to add.  Might do a little tomorrow morning and/or Sunday evening, we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment