Friday, October 19, 2012

90 Days to the Apocalypse -- Day 49


I totally failed to get any pictures of anything I did tonight.  Which was:

1.  Four DFB runs on Stalker Girl One, my new buffbot girl / kinetic melee/super reflexes stalker.  This was enough to get me to level 19.5... not quite 20.  Meanwhile friends were running TFs and trying to get me to join, but damn it, I'm gonna play one new character from level 1 this weekend if it kills me!  Which it didn't really, I just missed out on a Synapse and a Manticore, and a couple of Yins, and I don't know what else.

2.  Joined a Manticore right after.  For this I switched to a level-appropriate character, and selected Barbie Bane, my bane spider.  She was level 35 (I think) and she got to level 37 or 38 (I think).  We steamrolled every mission, no stealthing, and finished in about an hour.  I didn't get the chance to train up after, because an ITF was starting, so next on the agenda was:

3.  ITF.  Freaky formed this and I knew pretty much everyone on the team.  I was going to join with Barbie but she doesn't have Midnighter's access and I was too lazy even to run to Night Ward, so I switched to Eternal Sweeper who was already parked in Cimemora from yesterday.  We got eight people and started the TF, and I even leveled in the first mission (I must have been very close to whatever my next level was), but our entire team consisted of several scrappers, two stalkers, one not-very-tanky tank, a warshade, and a blaster.  No support at all.  And it became very obvious in the first mission that we were going to need support, so we quit and reformed.  I switched to Forest Goddess my NA/Water Blast fender, and the tank switched to a kin troller, and off we went again, and  thing went much better, although we had no tank/brute so it was pretty easy to steal aggro if you weren't careful.  The blaster died like 20 times, I got a lot of use out of my rez.  We were also pretty slow, I forget the actual time but it got very late before we finished so we didn't even do the towers.  Forest Goddess went from 46 to nearly 49 (about 1/3 bubble shy) and if I hadn't been so tired I could have joined another ITF that Whispy was forming and hit 50, but I was beat.

So that was my evening!


Probably my best story was one of the guys on the DFB runs.  He said "Stalker Girl... I think I dated you in college!"  Har har.  Then when I died on the first run he yelled out, "Claudia!  No!"  And from then on he called me Claudia.  I was wondering if that was the girl he dated in college, but he seems very inclined to say weird random things and call other people odd names too.

One of the others on the DFB asked if anyone had a level 50 yet.  Uh... yeah, over 40 of them.  He didn't, and then he asked if anyone was still in college yet.  Turns out he was in 9th grade, but had been playing the game since age 8 or 9.  Seemed like a cool kid though.  Several people on the team decided to global-friend everyone, and he was one of them, I saw him later when I was running off to join the ITF.

Also there was one person on the team who just had a really cool costume that I completely failed to screen capture, but I could probably remake it as it was mostly mecha pieces with chainmail underneath and a hood and clockwork face or maybe it was a carnie mask face... looked cool though.  Isn't it sad when you decide to level up a new alt, and the first thing you do is run across someone else with such a cool looking character that you want to stop and make a completely different alt?

No comments:

Post a Comment