Sunday, October 14, 2012

90 Days to the Apocalypse -- Day 43


At some point I will have to admit that I can't level up all of the alts I have that are less than 50, IO them, and  play them enough to justify having accomplished that.  But that day is not today, and with Double Experience Weekend coming it's not next week either.

But I do worry that when I'm finally ready to do some good old incarnate trials again, there won't be people around to do them.  This weekend has been especially bad -- few people on, not a lot of things happening.  I got into an argument with one idiot who wanted to know why nobody was doing anything when it was DXP weekend -- he could not be convinced that DXP wasn't already turned on, he promised that he had "proof" based on how much experience he was getting from whatever mission he was in.  I learned a valuable lesson that I should have already known:  don't call out idiots in the LFG channel, it's not worth it.

Anyway, today I had to do a lot of printing on an ancient HP Laserjet 4000 printer in my bedroom, and this involves telling it to print 15 pages of something, and then coming back about 20 minutes later when it's finally done so you can give it the next print job.  I had to get this thing done by the end of the day, so that meant I had to do something where I could go AFK every 15 or 20 minutes.  And there weren't a lot of people online anyway, so what I did was PL three of those alts that I would really like to get to 50, if I can:  Barbie Bane, my bane spider, who I took from 30 to 35; Vashti Ahandra, my dual blades scrapper (or maybe she's a brute, I forget) who I took from 26 to 32; and Earthsinger, a fire dom (who happens to have Fieldcrafter -- one of my most recent characters with that badge/item).  I took her from 30 to 32, she's got imps now!


And just for the record, I was getting about two levels per Council Earth map run.  That's what I always get with an xp booster turned on (at level 30-35).  When I ran out, the pace slowed.  Not that I needed "proof" that DXP wasn't turned on, but anyway, yeah.


In the afternoon Exxxcaliber ran the normal Saturday Hami raid, and I brought Swift Sky along so I could earn a few shards.  She's not really the best character for a hami raid -- she's WP, that's good, but she doesn't fly and titan weapons has at least one attack that you can't use  while flying.  But Zombie always brings his TW brute (who always needs a jetpack) so I guess you work around it.  Anyway, I think Exxx was hoping for a lot of powerful incarnates, and Swift Sky wasn't that, but oh well, I did okay and the raid went just fine.  I got three shards during the raid and claimed the 4-shard reward, which gave me 12 total, enough to craft my T1 Cardiac alpha.  Which I'm afraid still won't solve my rather large endurance issues.  We'll see, but I probably need to rework the build somehow.  Or not, since she's just fine on a team with support and I probably won't be playing her a whole lot in the final month and a half.

I got two purples while doing all of that PLing too.  ^_^  And... I ran out of  XP boosters on my secondary account, and I'm almost out of Windfalls too.  Bleah.



Here's how easily swayed I am:  the original Swift Sky costume, based on the anime picture, had short blonde hair (club hair).  Several of her other costumes had the same blonde hair, but my favorite costume (as pictured above) I used the gunslinger hair in black with a blue hair bow.  One of the people I teamed with the other night saw me with blonde hair and no bow, and asked, "Swift, where'd your bow go?"  So I changed back to the above costume and asked if that was better, and he said yes, he didn't like blondes.

So later I changed all of my costumes to black "gunslinger" hair, and added the bow to most of them.  :p  Well, it makes more sense to me if the character looks like the same person no matter the costume, I guess, and it's one way in which I'm stepping away from the original inspiration for the character/costume, which was mostly a direct copy of someone else's idea.  It's good for it to evolve a bit.  But I do kind of laugh at myself that one simple comment like that made me change several costumes.  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment