Saturday, October 6, 2012

90 Days to the Apocalypse -- Day 36


Well today I sure made up for a full week of not playing.

I logged in early in the morning and did some stuff with my scrapper Swift Sky.  It wasn't long before Freaky was advertising the start of his Doctor Quaterfield Task Force.  Well if you're gonna do it, might as well start early.  ^_^

Aside from some costume missions, this was going to be my first run at anything with Swift Sky, apart from a lot of door sitting while my main account killed stuff.  I was worried about endurance so I bought a bunch of inspirations on the market and I used a endurance drain resist empowerment buff just before we started.  Which... rularuu don't really drain endurance, not sure if that was any help at all.  Also crafted an envenomed dagger and a recovery serum temp power, that was more likely to help.  But really, we had a kin on the team so I didn't have too many endurance issues.


Doc Q was Doc Q.  We finished in 3 hours 22 minutes.  I had fun -- I think everyone did.  We had a good team, and we made good use of team transports and such.


Since there's not much to say about the task force other than it's very long, I took several pictures.



Swift Sky did very well.  I kind of knew she would -- Willpower is the right set to use against Rularuu.  Defense based sets are pretty screwed, those guys shred defense.

One thing that amused me was the end of the Task Force, I got the message "You have earned your first merits...."  Probably not many people have recieved 122 merits for their first ever merit reward.  ^_^

It's hard to get good pictures when you're in the middle of an 8-man Task Force, and concentrating on things other than setting up a good photo opportunity.  When I joined Freaky's Sara Moore Task Force after a bit of a break, I spent the time while we were forming killing stuff in the Cascade Archipelago and taking better pictures of my character.  In between I'd run my Founder's Falls costume mission and designed a new costume, which I kinda liked.





We finished the Sara Moore in 1 hour 28 minutes.  It felt very fast after the Doc Q!  I had fun on this one as well!

Afterwards Jane wanted to run a Posi 1 & 2, spurred in part by the knowledge that my new character didn't have any of the Freedom Phalanyx TF badges, and in part because she had a level 11 toon to play.  ^_^  We couldn't get anyone else but Cobalt Avenger to join us, so we ran both TFs with just three people.  Finished both in just over 30 minutes!  I think I got a very good picture of me vs. Doc Vahz... I was the only melee so it was easy to get a clear shot:


But that wasn't all!  I spent probably two hours on a special costume contest/event.  You had to make a level 1 character -- couldn't be higher -- and use the random button on the costume.  Then you made your way to the hospital in Steel Canyon, and we did a run around the outer road of Steel Canyon using just sprint.

On the first run I was a bit confused about the course.  I think a lot of people were.  I cut across the grass North of the hospital, which I later realized was a shortcut.  I also took a shortcut down by the yellow line tram (SE corner) and didn't realize it.  At that point I was following the guy who was the apparent winner the first time, but we went around the inside of the tram rather than follow the road that goes around the outside of it, so that was a bit of a shortcut too.  Although by that point we were so far ahead of everyone else it might not have mattered.

But!  The leader just ahead of me was a stalker who had turned on his stealth, without realizing that was against the rules.  So we ran again.

On the second run I'm not exactly sure what happened.  The entire group of people were in a pack ahead of me, and then a guy was way behind them named Eletri-kin Tank I think it was, and then I was way behind him.  Along the route you were supposed to stop if you saw anyone who was high level and might be a costume contest judge, so after I'd stopped a couple of times I couldn't even see the main pack anymore, just Eletri-kin way ahead of me.  I followed him around and this time I know for certain I took the correct route the entire way.  I was confused what had happened to all the people ahead of us, we never caught up to any of them, but when we reached the finish line, it turned out that we were the only two to make it there.  So I came in second place again.  Everyone else died, I guess, and started over -- it was quite a few minutes before third place showed up (the guy who had won the original race by inadvertently cheating).  Two others made it all the way around.

This is one of those things -- I always made fun of people who couldn't cross The Hollows without dying back in the old days.  It never seemed all that tough to me.  And this was like that, I didn't die on either run, I got zapped once each time (once by a guy who'd chased Eletri-kin out into the street, so I couldn't avoid him).  But most people found it really difficult to avoid dying, so I don't know why I'm good at that.

My friends won 3rd and 2nd place in the costume contest though.  ^_^  Now we all have money on toons that are level 1 and can't e-mail yet.  I reminded them to not just go and delete them!

Right after that, I joined a Khan TF.  This turned into a Mo Khan attempt that was foiled by a single death when our MM who was stealthing to the final room was seen and killed.  I thought, well, they can't see ME! since I was on my widow Miss Shinobu, who has superspeed.  I headed off down the corridor, and most of them couldn't see me, but for some reason on the same corner where the MM died, one of them did see me.  Grrr.  But at least I didn't die, and we trounced Reichsman in very short order.


This is the kind of shot you normally get in an AV battle on an 8-man team, especially when it's a level 50 task force.  It's kind of a cool shot in its own way I suppose, but you can't see details.  That's my widow in the middle doing a spin attack.

And that was my big Saturday.


No comments:

Post a Comment