Sunday, October 7, 2012

90 Days to the Apocalypse -- Day 37


I slept in this morning and missed the Justine Augustine Task Force that Freaky ran.  I'm not sure if I'm disappointed, or relieved.  I logged in about 9 AM PST and figured they had already started and were probably in the middle of it, so when a random ITF advertised looking for people I decided to join.  Right away I was worried, because I didn't know anyone,  there were only two level 50s on the team (non-incarnates) and a lot of lower levels, and they were talking about running at +1 and maybe bumping it up higher if it was too easy.  I sensed great danger ahead.

I was on Swift Sky and of course had to run to Night Ward to gain access to the Midnighter's Club.  I mean, all I've done on that character was sit in a Council Earth mission and then run a few TFs.  Other people on the team also needed to do the same thing, and weren't as fast about it as I was, so we were still waiting on people to get to Cimemora when Freaky advertised the forming of a Faathim the Kind TF.

Well, I immediately dismissed myself from the ITF which had not yet started, and joined the Faathim.  Saved me from pain and torment, I have no doubts!  ^_^

The thing about Faathim the Kind is that he doesn't have a phone.  At all.  Ever.  Even after you've spent 2+ hours bouncing around The Chantry and Storm Palace, saving his bacon and defeating Lanaruu the Mad, he won't talk to you.  All of the latter missions are in Storm Palace (except the one or two that happen back in Paragon) so the leader is left running back to the center of The Chantry to talk to the idiot, and then back to Storm Palace, ad nauseum.  And you can bet we waited for him to go back one last time just so we could properly complete the TF after it was over.  :D


We finished in 2 hours 12 minutes... but it felt a lot longer.  One of our teammates got a migrane and had to quit.  Anyway I tried to get a good shot of the end fight but Lanaruu is so tall and fighting his feet doesn't make for a great picture... I did my best.

I got one picture which I thought was cool enough that I left it in full screen mode:


Can't see that much but I thought it looked cool.

After this TF I had only 90 badges on Swift Sky, including 3 of 4 shard TF badges.  That appealed to me a great deal so I had to capture it:



In the evening I logged in just in time to join the weekly redside Cathedral of Pain Trail.  I showed up at just the right time -- after the instructions were finished, just before the actual start.  I brought AE Baby of course, my go-to villainess.  We whipped through the whole thing in about 8 minutes, no second takes, no miscues, defeated the AV without a respawn of the cubes.  Cake!


Right after that we started up a speed Khan, and the leader stressed that, if you were a rogue, you could NOT use Ouro or go to a co-op zone like RWZ because it WOULD kick you from the team.

Of course, the reason you'd want to use Ouro is that the second-to-last mission is in Peregrine Island (all the others are "board train" missions) and you need to be in that mission to get the temp power to use on Reichsman.  But these days there's the tunnel system, and there's one right below the  tram in Founder's, and it goes straight to PI.  Problem solved, right?

Well... mostly.  Once you exit that mission, the final mission is another "board train" missions, and most people naturally head to Ouroboros to do it.  Our leader was a rogue, so he had to hoof it to the other end of the island where the boat and tunnel portal await.  Only someone on the team suggested that there was a tunnel portal near the arena, which is much closer.  Except...  that portal doesn't go anywhere but to Dark Astoria.  Which is a co-op zone.  Which means... our leader got kicked from the team.  :p

So we finished the AV fight, then we ran again so that our leader could get to the end.  It's a fast TF if you speed it, 20-30 minutes.  I think the second time around we hit 22 minutes.  On the first run I was using Swift Sky who was by then 45 and made it to 46 by the end; for the second run I went with Megami Hime, who is my titan weapons/willpower brute.  Much different from a titan weapons/willpower scrapper!  Well, I have taunt for one thing....


I think what I really like about the above picture is the giant robot on one side blazing away, and the little leprechaun on the other side scheming and doing nothing of course, but he's right there in the foreground.  You can see Megami Hime swinging the excaliber sword too.


For the end of the evening a friend ran a Hess TF, mostly with people grabbed from the Looking For Group and Help channels.  Several of them had never done it before, and it's a fun task force so they had fun and that's all good.  ^_^  Swift Sky is very close to 47 now, I had a very productive weekend with her!

No comments:

Post a Comment