Thursday, October 11, 2012

90 Day to the Apocalypse -- Day 41


I refuse to admit that I've created any new alts since Swift Sky.  Nope, not happening.  And the character Shin Random that I created for that "Random Costume Level 1 Steel Canyon run" competition doesn't count.  Even though I renamed her and gave her a better costume.

So.... anyway tonight I logged in and there were other people online, but nobody seemed to want to do anything.  When I said, "Someone needs to start something!" Freaky just laughed.  I decided to go to Cimemora and run the walls, both to see how good at it I was now (better, my endurance problems aren't as bad when I'm doing this at level 50) and to hopefully get a few shards (eventually got 4).

I was thinking about new alts not just because Swift Sky was now 50, but also because I had become confused and thought the Double Experience weekend was this weekend.  Hrm.  Not that I don't have a lot of other characters I should get to 50 instead of making new ones anyway.  But I had fun running around the walls in Cim killing stuff, waiting for something more interesting to happen.  I really do like Titan Weapons a lot, once it's properly slotted.  It's one of those sets that you really can't appreciate until you fully IO your character, but then it's awesome.

CA said he was standing in Dark Astoria watching tumbleweeds.  I said I was watching surgeons fall from the walls in Cimemora.  That's because the most fun thing to do with the surgeons is to hit them with the Nemesis Staff and watch them sail out into open air.  Zombie came and hung out with me for a while -- I know I was there for more than an hour because we're both serial fortune tellers and we read each other's fortunes at least 3 times.  But when I suggested starting an ITF, Zombie said he was sick and wasn't going to stay on long, and nobody else said anything.  So eventually Zombie logged, and I logged.

And I didn't go to my third account and use my saved points to buy Titan Weapons and make a third TW toon, because I said I wasn't going to make any other alts after Swift Sky.  I admit to nothing!

Later I came back and... I certainly did not log in to my new Titan Weapons/Electric Armor brute on my dark shinobu account, and I didn't immediately join a Death From Below team and get to level 7, and then run the newbie Hellion arc and part of Twinshot's arc.  Nope, didn't do any of that.  And I don't have any pictures or the name of my new alt because I already told you, I haven't got one.

Then I helped Jane and company take down Jurrasik in Crey's Folly.  This was on Swift Sky.  I noticed right after that, inexplicably, Swift Sky had a mission in Crey's Folly.  This mystified me because I PL'd the toon to 40 and haven't run any solo content on her. but a little investigation revealed that it was the Penny Preston store unlock mission, which I'd clicked on by accident while trying to sell to her a few levels back.  So I completed that, and that was my evening.


And the only question is, do I stick with the Atom Smasher, or maybe buy the Excalibur Sword?  I mean, hypothetically... for my new alt.  If I had one.  Swift Sky has the rocket hammer, Megami Hime has Excalibur.  I don't like repeating myself, but Excalibur is really cool looking.  Of course, I haven't even looked to see if any are still for sale.

And why would I, since I certainly don't have a new TW toon?


No comments:

Post a Comment