Friday, September 28, 2012

Characters 7 -- My Other Scrappers


I have a lot of level 50 scrappers.  I've already posted about the MA scrappers (Shinobu, Tiffany Blackheart, Nina Ballerina, Jalia) and about my earliest characters Organica and Mouse Police, and my favorite character Sparks Fly, but I liked playing scrappers quite a bit so I got several more to 50.


I sometimes forget that my first shield scrapper was Valkyrie of Atlantis.  This is probably because I didn't play her to 50 -- she was level pacted with Tiffany Blackheart and got a free ride.  I IO'd her out and started playing her when she was above level 40, but I never played her a lot.  I also didn't give her an "overpowered" shield build like my other shield scrappers and brutes got -- full softcap with high damage and high global recharge.  She had a very good build, make no mistake, but not a "money is no object, can farm at will at +4/8" build.

Also, I had a sort of love/hate relationship with the character's look and background.  On the one hand it was very creative and I loved that, but on the other hand I had a hard time getting into playing the character.


Maiden Knight was my "other" regen scrapper -- aside from Mouse Police and Organica, who were both katana/regen, I had Maiden Knight, a broadsword/regen.  This was an older character because I was very tired of playing regen at least three years ago.  But I got her to 50 and gave her a very nice recharge-saturated build, and moved her to Justice where she stayed, but wasn't played very much.  I always loved the knight look and wish I'd made her as a broadsword/shield.


Once I'd really IO'd Sparks Fly (electric/shield) out with a godmode build, I wanted to try fire/shield as well.  I created Trinkets and pushed her to 50 in a very short amount of time.  She got a very similar build and was one of my two go-to toons on my primary account for Power Leveling (Sparks Fly is on my secondary account).  Only slightly less powerful and destructive than Sparks Fly, Trinkets does better in single target damage so it's almost a wash.  I really like playing her.


Right after Trinkets hit 50 my next project was a spines scrapper.  I wanted to try everything, and my friend Multiple Girl loved spines scrappers, and had a very tough and dangerous spines/invulnerability scrapper.  But for Sister Kate, I went with spines/willpower, and softcapped smashing/lethal damage.  I had an idea that if I could manage to softcap smashing/lethal on a Willpower, I'd be almost unstoppable, and this is pretty much the case.  It was hard to do with Spines because there aren't a lot of single-target melee attacks (and one attack is ranged) but I think I softcapped both melee and energy defense.  After this success, I eventually went back and did the same thing for Tiffany Blackheart and Nina Ballerina, making both of them exceptionally powerful, and I created more Willpower scrappers and brutes on the same formula (War Maid was one).



Thorn Kitten was my only other spines melee character ever.  She predated Sister Kate but I don't think she's a Willpower, which is why I made a different character when I started the Sister Kate project.




Broadsword/Shield was a very reusable combination for me, because there are so many different concepts you could make with it.  Aside from the brute Princess Shinobu that I posted a few weeks ago, I had Valkyrie of Atlantis (a knight from the ocean's depths), Sabine Hun'andar (a dark elf knight) and, just as a catch-all for all of the other options, there was Medieval Crisis, who took the form of different warrior champions from different eras and fantasy settings.  Medieval Crisis could be a Valkyrie (above), or a Dark Knight, or a Dwarf, or an Elf, or a Samurai, or a Magical Girl, or a Barbarian Warrior, or an Ogre.  Here's a picture that captures all of the different looks:



One Divine Hammer is yet another shield scrapper -- a mace/shield.  Mace was, for a long time, the providence of tankers and brutes only and was once considered a lackluster attack set.  But it got fixed and ported to scrappers where it really stands out as an excellent high-damage set.  I hadn't even noticed when it got ported, but when my friend Multiple Girl mentioned that mace scrappers were supposed to be awesome, I had to go make one that very night.  And not only that, but after seeing mine in action, another friend Cobalt Avenger had to make his own mace/shield scrapper.  :D  I'm hoping to get One Divine Hammer up to 50 before the end here.




I could do a whole separate blog entry on all of the Mouse Police characters I have (one for nearly every server).  The original was one of my earliest characters on Pinnacle, and my first catgirl.  She was an invulnerable/energy melee tank that I got to level 19 and I got tired of the low damage numbers from tanks and lower level energy melee attacks, and I redesigned her as a dark melee/invulnerable scrapper.  Ultimately I moved her to Justice and got her as high as 45, but I will probably never make it to 50 with her.

I had a 40+ ice blaster on Freedom named Mouse Police, and a high 20's empath defender on Infinity named Mouse Police, and a Warshade Mouse Police that got up to level 13 or so I think.  But most of them were level 2 characters I never did anything with.  I had vague plans to get a level 50 MP on each server but only accomplished that on two -- my katana/regen scrapper on Virtue, and the Mouse Police on Victor, a fire/super reflexes scrapper who I really loved playing, but after I got her to 50 I didn't play on Victory that much.  She was my only Super Reflexes character, and my first fire melee to get to 50.

I had a lot of other scrappers too of course, including at least two dual blades.  Scrapper was one of my favorite ATs to play.  ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment