Friday, September 14, 2012

90 Days to the Apocalypse -- Day 14



Tonight started off with a Friday night Riki Mothership Raid.  These have been happening every Friday night on Virtue like clockwork for years, same guys running them, but I don't usually make it to the raid.  Then again, the zone usually fills up quick, but not now.

I brought War Maid.  She's a Claws / Willpower brute who has smashing/lethal and energy/negative energy defense softcapped, and fire defense at about 32%, and has excellent hit points and regen.  There's nothing to not like about playing her, and she was perfect for a rikti raid, I never died and only came close once, and I spent most of the raid facing down rikti magi, sometimes 3 or 4 at once, although any time I managed to get 2-3 together in one place, someone else showed up to help kill them almost immediately.  I even ignored warnings to get out of the way when people set bombs, was never at less than half health after the blast, and regen'd quickly.  ^_^  In any case, it was a very good raid.  I have no idea how many merits I got, I really only did it because it's fun.  ^_^

Since War Maid seems to have at least one admirer... or at the very least, admirer of a specific photo of her -- I used the same costume as in my signature and tried to get a good photo of her during the raid.  I took a lot of pictures -- my approach is not to demo record, but just hit print screen an awful lot, and try to position the  camera for good shots.  Only one of them really came out halfway decent, so here it is:



I had expected to maybe spend some time handing more stuff out -- but nobody noticed m second list of stuff in my giveaway  thread.  This is probably because I posted it near the bottom of page 2, rather than editing the original post to show new stuff.  I didn't really think about it at the time, but most people only read the first post, especially in a non-discussion thread like that one is.  Maybe I'll go back and fix that, though it's kind of an interesting experiment to see who notices the new list first (or reads about it here in my journal.)

After that we ran a Moonfire Task Force.  I used One Divine Hammer for this.  Technically I want to level up Princess Ozma and Forest Goddess, but both have been through Moonfire this week.  The experience from the WST is so good that I really can't just run either of those toons through another Moonfire and miss out on the xp bonus, so I'm playing a lot of my other toons that I may or may not be trying to get to 50 after Ozma and Goddess.  One Divine Hammer is one of those -- a mace/shield scrapper.  I'd heard that mace was sweet on a scrapper, and it really seems like it to me.  She was 35 when we started and I got her to 37 by the end.

And then... we ran another Moonfire.  Why not?  :D  For this I switched to Death Ace, one of two toons on my third account (the Dilithium Flower account) that I leveled up during the DXP weekend in August.  I sort of feel like starting a new toon and leveling them up from level 1 during a DXP weekend is the thing to do, even though I didn't have any new concepts I desperately wanted to try.   I started that Friday with Cupcake Overdrive, an electric melee/shield brute, and then when Street Justice went on sale on Saturday I bought it and started Death Ace, who is a Street Justice/WP scrapper.  Neither character really represents anything I haven't done before, so my will to get them to 50 by November 30th is not strong, but Death Ace was already 38 and Cupcake Overdrive is 42, so it may happen.  Death Ace hit 40 tonight at the end of the Moonfire.

I suspect I'll run 2-3 more lowbie toons through Moonfire before Tuesday if I can manage it, although my weekend is looking pretty busy, so we'll see.


No comments:

Post a Comment