Tuesday, September 4, 2012

90 Days to the Apocalypse - Day 3




This morning some friends wanted to run another ITF, so of course I joined.  That got Princess Ozma to 41.  Things are moving along nicely!

After that they wanted to run a speed LGTF so I had to switch.  I wanted to play Jennie Nova, my beam rifle/radiation corruptor and one of my most recent 50's, but there were two other rad and I figured we'd want holds for the hami part of the TF, so I switchted to Ash Valentine, my fire/dark dom who I got to 50 this Spring.  I don't know why, but I don't like playing the character very much.  She's a perma-dom with great damage and sofcapped for smashing/lethal defense, can hold or confuse anything, but I don't know, the character doesn't appeal to me for some reason.  But she was the right person to hold those green mitos, that was for sure.

I always get a little nervous on LGTF speed runs, because I haven't done them enough to be super familiar with what needs to be done.  I mean, I know that you sped to the end of the first mission and then teleport people back for the fight with the Clockwork King, but I've never been the one to go fight in the end room so I don't know if there's any trick to it.  And I've never been the one to go rescue the two people that you then let die in the middle mission.  But oh well, I'm good at knowing when to wait at the door I guess.

After that, we ran a STF/MLTF, and I did switch to Jennie Nova.  This is a character I made when beam rifle came out, but only got really serious about leveling in June because it seemed like a /rad corruptor would be a godsend on all of those Really Hard Way Magi runs people were doing at the time.  But in July I did my Zero to Awesome 2 project, and while I did manage to get Jennie to 50 in July, I hadn't done a thing with her since.  So it was nice to run her through a TF.  I had fun playing her today, and that's exactly the point -- I want to use the last 3 months of the game to have fun with all of the great characters I've already made, and playing with my friends while I still can.

These could very well be my last runs for the Miss Liberty Task Force and Lady Gray Task Force.  I don't run either a whole bunch.  As for the MLTF, at least I'm pretty familiar with that one and mostly know what's expected of me on a speed run.



I spent some time PLing Forest Goddess from 32 to 36.  That's enough of that.  Later in the evening I spent time taking pictures of more of my characters, and then I ran Princess Ozma through SSA1.5, where Statesman dies.  I also joined a Maria Jenkins team for one mission, and by the end I hit 42.  The death of Statesman and ensuing fight was epic as usual.  I've run through it only a few times on a handful of characters -- I don't know why, but I've done the first 3-4 parts of Who Will Die on a whole lot of characters, but 4 and 5 only on a few, and I've never done part 7.


No comments:

Post a Comment