Wednesday, November 21, 2012

90 Days to the Apocalypse -- Day 81


I played too much last night.  I stayed up too late, I skipped exercising, I didn't do very much writing for NaNoWriMo.  I think I'm coming down with a cold, so I really felt the effects of all of that in the morning.

But what I did do was earn two badges on Mouse Police -- two of the last I need to get redside.  These were badges 1240 and 1241.  Time is running out for me to return to hero status and earn the badge for remaining a hero for seven days.  Also,  there are a few heroside arcs and things I've yet to run (I think).  So last night was redside arc night for Mouse.

I started off with five newspaper missions, and then the mayhem.  I did the arson right away and then tried to reset the mission a couple of times -- and while it was possible to reset the mission, it would reset everything *except* the arson.  Sigh.  Anyway, I completed the robbery and got Efficiency Expert Pither as a contact.  Although Badge Hunter is down and this makes it difficult for me to know which badges I'm missing, I remembered that I still didn't have one of the mission badges.  This, it turns out, is because you have to run all of Pither's missions to get the badge, and you can't run them through Ouro.  But they're 45-50 missions so it just meant getting the contact.

The missions are short but there's quite a few -- 6 missions and also a 3 mission arc that isn't needed for the badge, but you have to do things in whatever order he gives them to you.  When I was done I had my Efficiency Expert badge, and wanted to work on the arson badge.  After that firsts mayhem I was still only 3 out of 10 arsons for the badge.

Let me just say, these badges are especially nasty.  Not because doing the arson is hard, but because you need to do it ten times, and it only counts for one person on a team.  If a team of six friends all wanted the badge, that's 60 mayhems they'd have to run.  That's a really stupid, mean, vindictive way to set up a badge.

The good news, of course, is that your hypothetical team of six need only run five newspaper missions to have six mayhems lined up.  And it finally occurred to me that if I really wanted the badge, then I needed to log in my 2nd account and double the number of mayhems I could run every five newspapers.  So, Sqiddy Kitty to the rescue!  I just had to make sure Squiddy was in every mission beore I did anything -- and I was only running "kill boss" and "steal object" missions, since I could stealth to the end of those.  But it was still an awful lot of work.

I got my Firebug badge around 10 PM, by which point I was tired and should have gone to bed.  But I also want to be ready to turn hero, and I don't want to count on getting the chance to do that on Thanksgiving, or trying to do it Friday when my window of time needed to earn the week-long badge is very narrow.  So I travelled to Peregrine Island -- where I'd robbed the bank 8 times already the same night -- and I ran five hero tip missions.

And THEN I parked Mouse back at the hospital in First Ward, where if I'm lucky I'll be at about 90% or 95% of the day job badge when the servers shut down.

I still need Caleb... and Ice Mistral... and the heroes in RV.  If I'm lucky, I can spawn Caleb Wednesday, and just forget about the other badges and turn hero.  Oh, and I don't have MoLRSF, but I never count on getting Mo badges, so that doesn't bother me.  But I wish I'd run Ice Mistral at some point.

I also documented all the characters on my last "extra" account... which took less time than you might think, since it's currently not a VIP account so a lot of them are locked.  I just took pictures from the login screen -- no bio.

No comments:

Post a Comment