Sunday, November 18, 2012

90 Days to the Apocalypse -- Day 79


I had a lot of plans for what I was going to do this weekend.  I was going to get three characters to 50.  I was going to work on badging for Mouse.  I was going to do several other things.  What I managed on Saturday was to finish up what I wanted to do with hero-side SSA story arcs, and to work on leveling a bit.

Sunday I started out by working on the leveling thing again.  I spent the whole morning powerleveling.  I got Storm Girl Ten to level 49, then took Eternal Sweeper to 48.  At that point I switched tactics and leveled my  never-before-played beast master mind Dog Aggro up to 16 (one run of the Council map).  I would have really liked to get Eternal Sweeper to 49 and Dog Aggro to 22, and maybe even get another character up in levels, but there's only so much farming I can stand.

Afterwards I took the time to document every character on my 2nd account that I hadn't already documented.  So now I can be assured that my @shinobu valentine account is finished, I have pictures with bios of every character on the account, save for a few seriously throwaway characters only created to hold onto a name here or there.  Next step is to do the same for my primary account, and then make sure all of my extra accounts are documented -- which is much easier, all of the extra accounts only have characters on Virtue.

I found this character with a full bio that I'd forgotten all about:


I'd also forgotten about the weird solo super group that he's in:  Meat on the Moon - Ranch on Mars.  It still makes me laugh.  Meat on the Moon was a weird song by acapella group The Bobs, while Ranch on Mars was a goofy metal song by the Galactic Cowboys.

After this I joined a Numina Task Force that Kali was forming.  I brought Sonic Girl Seven in the hopes that I could get those last seven bubbles of experience and hit 50.  Alas, there's not really a lot of experience to be had on a Numi, so I wound up with only four bubbles.



We formed a Katie Hannon right after that though.  Zombie showed up for this one.  I hit 50 on about Mary #8 I think.  We had a great team, no problems at all.


I spent some time writing after that.  I had other things I meant to do, but I didn't get most of them done.  Instead I was back by 4:30 PM my time, just in time to join the blue CoP.  I was on Storm Girl Ten for this, but things went badly -- we didn't have enough damage and/or enough -regen and/or weren't fast enough taking down the cubes, and the AV would regen in between nearly to full health every time.  I had an Envenomed Dagger and I was using it, but it's hard to substitute for serious -regen.  We tried to pull back but kept aggroing wave after wave of rularuu.  And then several people had to leave for work or just outright quit, and it looked like we were going to fail.

We put out a plea for more people to come help, and three of us switched to /rads... I switched to Jennie Nova, my beam/rad corruptor.  .We were down to about 15 minutes to go before we were ready to head back in and try once more -- but this time the AV went down very quickly, in just two rounds.  Never underestimate the power of radiation debuffing!

Redside CoP followed, and as is somewhat typical, we had a hard time forming, took a long time to coax enough people to join so that we could make the attempt... and then we destroyed it in just a few minutes.  Redside just seems to attract more powerful characters, especially we had a lot of corruptors on the team.  (I used AE Baby as usual of course -- very powerful fire/kin corruptor.)

Most of my friends logged after that so I called it an early evening.  No badging on Mouse, and no getting a second or third character to 50 today.

No comments:

Post a Comment