Monday, November 12, 2012

90 Days to the Apocalypse -- Day 72


Sunday I finished IOing Storm Girl Ten and then joined a random Tina McIntyre mission team.  The leader was the Flash.  Later his friend the Hulk was leader.  I guess nobody cares about what rules they violate these days, I've also seen a lot of overtly sexual names the last few months.  Anyway, it was a pretty good team and Storm Girl Ten is turning out to be tons of fun to play.  Storm is a great set, lots of low-level AoE, lots of fun powers, and I already knew I liked water blast.  The combo works really, really well.

I was on this team about an hour or so I guess before Freaky logged in and announced he was starting another Doctor Q TF.  He'd complained on Saturday that I wasn't on either of his Doc Q runs.   I've been on a lot of his runs since September and I figured it was good if other people got to do it, I know on virtually every run he does there's someone who's never done it before.  But it was nice to know he appreciated having me on the team, sometimes it's hard to know what he's really thinking.   I wanted to catch his Sunday run for sure.

I brought Storm Girl Ten for this, and worried that it might have been a mistake.  We only had one tank, Freaky, and only a stalker for other melee.  Colbalt Avenger brought his beast master Poochie Control (think I got the name right) and later said a couple of times that he wished he'd brought a brute instead.  But it all went well in the end, except for the fact that Sun Lover's blaster Cinnamon Girl already had the badge, and that was pretty much his main reason for joining.  Kinda made my mistake of the day before seem a little trivial -- at least I didn't spend 3.5 hours on the wrong task force!  But we had fun, or as much fun as can be had on a Doc Q, and there was, once again, at least one person who'd never done it before.  Storm Girl hit 42.

Colorized storm / water blast is very pretty -- I took a lot of pictures.


On this picture, notice that the eyeball is sitting within the giant mouth of an Oranbega statue.  That really made me blink twice... it was a little surreal looking.





I have to say, I've always been wary of playing a storm because I mostly play melee, and it annoys me when I team with people whose only goal appears to be knocking everything away from me.  So I'm very wary of using hurricane, tornado, or lightning storm.  But Doc Q is filled with ambushes, often when you've just opened a door or come out of an elevator, and our tank was very interested in rushing ahead to try and get things done as fast as possible.  So every time I knew an ambush was coming, out would come hurricane and thunderstorm!  Controlled chaos, you can learn to love it!

I died at one point at the bottom of a pool, and when I rotated the camera up I noticed (I think for the first time ever) how a view from underwater makes things ripple.  You so very rarely actually get to view anything from under water, so you might not have ever noticed this.  It actually looked pretty cool.



Maressa wanted to do something after we were done but I was tired after playing for something like 4 1/2 or 5 hours straight, so I took a long break.  (But we did take a few minutes to kill off Adamastor -- it's worth the merits!)

I danced while we were waiting for anyone else to join.



I tried to log in at 4 PM for the Sunday CoP, but for about ten minutes I wasn't able to connect to the DB Server.  It turns out that Virtue had completely crashed just before the normal CoP, so the decision was made to cancel it.  Instead, Jane and CA wanted to run the first and second treespecs, Jane needed those badges.  Mr. Trilby came along again, and I think Divi also.  I used my vigilante Tiffany Blackheart for the first run since I had that badge already on Mouse, then switched to Mouse for the second run.  That badge puts Mouse at 1239.  Both runs went fast -- which is what you'd expect from a small group of veteran friends who really only wanted the badge.

I took another break after that and went and got dinner, but I logged in again later at night and joined a Ragey Cat-formed Sutter TF.  This was the opposite of the Doc Q earlier, which had been virtually no melee -- for this, we had a tank, three brutes, a MM, my mace/shield scrapper One Divine Hammer (who, really, plays like a brute)  and one corr... and I think another tank to round things out, can't quite remember for sure.  Two of the brutes were 22 and 24 though, so the bulk of the tanking was Ragey's tank and the third brute (who was 45) and my level 40 scrapper, whose only real problem right now is endurance.  I carried a lot of blues!



Things went well, we finished in about 55 minutes I think, and One Divine Hammer got to 41 and partway to 42.  And afterwards several of us stuck around and joined a Whisper-led Lord of Winter raid.  Like everything Whisper leads, this was a league operating at the highest level -- she instructed tanks to drag all enemies to where Lord Winter was, and by the time he was at half health we'd already cleared the entire map.  Pretty amazing!  I didn't really need any of the winter event badges on Mouse, and I'm not concerned with badging on anyone else, but it was fun to run this event one last time.  I also did the slolom a few times and got silver and bronze on Storm Girl Ten, and then later managed a gold medal on One Divine Hammer, using only ninja run, which means I had an almost perfect run and hit exactly 50 seconds.  You can't go much faster than that without special slotting or outside buffs.


No comments:

Post a Comment