Sunday, December 9, 2012

Zero to Awesome (comments from Day 7)



Roderick
Do you feel that you're risking losing money by posting the screenshots showing EXACTLY what you're working on? If someone decided to be a jerk and start messing with your niches, it could hurt your experiment a lot, while if you didn't post them, someone just stumbling across them would be far less likely.

---

Clave_Dark_5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Organica

This is the entrance to the tip mission "Curse of the Curious Mook". However I don't think I've seen it before, and I'm pretty sure that's because it's the villain version of the tip rather than the rogue version. Because I wasn't sure I dropped the mission, I didn't want to do a villain mission by accident. (It's been a long time since I did tip missions to change alignment instead of just to earn a-merits -- so I've gotten in a bad habit of clicking without even looking.)

Anyway, it's a very cool mission entrance, like descending into a grave or something. ^_^
For what it's worth to anyone, there's four or five maps available in the AE that all start out with that grave portal, but I forget what they're filed under. I used one in my most recent arc. I also seem to recall having seen it in a Sharkhead mission set in the graveyard area to the north east (iirc). Then again, I was PUGing when I saw it so it might have been that tip.

---

Organica (me)

Quote:
Originally quoted by Roderick
Do you feel that you're risking losing money by posting the screenshots showing EXACTLY what you're working on? If someone decided to be a jerk and start messing with your niches, it could hurt your experiment a lot, while if you didn't post them, someone just stumbling across them would be far less likely.

It depends.  But I've done this before and it didn't significantly impact my money-making abilities that I could tell (although last time I was giving myself about a week's cushion before posting).  I just think it's less useful to say, "Look, I can make money as I level!" but not really show how I'm doing it.

Most of the niches I work are pretty high turnover and have a lot more people than me working them.  That's true of the endurance IOs and the LotG def/rech IO, and the GotA defense IO.  I'm not sure how many people buy and craft Eradication recipes, that's not as high a turnover market but it can be quite lucrative.  ^_^  And of course, I'm not showing [I]every[/I] one of my niches, just the ones I decide to use on this character.

Anyway, I waited until my current bids were mostly filled.  :D  If you wanted to place a bid on 10 Eradication dam/rech at 1,000,071, you wouldn't currently be competing against me, and likely the next time I decided to buy some of that recipe I'd note that two of the last five were for 1,000,071 and either match that bid or bid slightly higher.

No comments:

Post a Comment