Sunday, December 9, 2012

Zero to Awesome (comments from Day 3 post)


FourSpeed

Quote:
I also pull down my lowball IO bids and place more reasonable bids on level 20 generic IOs.
If I might mention one tip I use all the time with my lowbies and common IOs:

Don't Buy the IOs. Instead, put in lowball bids on the salvage. I know your slots are
pretty much tied up now, but one of the early things I always do is buy 10 Boresights,
10 Luck Charms, 10 Brass, and 10 Inanimate Carbon Rods...

When I get more slots, I add 10 Clockwork Winders and Computer Virus to the list
and eventually Ancient Artifact and Spell Scrolls.

Those ingredients will make you Acc, Dmg, Rch and Erdx commons all the way up to
L25, and comparatively, the recipes are cheap - even from a crafting table.

Along the way, I keep those stacks up, and I never have to worry about having
core Common IOs when I need them.

You'll also make good progress on some of the workbench badges which will expand
your slots and salvage capabilities as well.

I've found that very helpful for many of my toons.


Regards,
4

---

Frogfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by eryq2
Why? Because i don't just jump on everyone elses bandwagon? I have my own thoughts and ideas? Try it some time and you may love life a little more. If you love these ideas, good for you. For me, big deal. I don't think we will see a new poster reply saying thanks, i didn't know that if i ran missions and bought stuff in WW that i could get to 50 eventually and IO my toon. I'll be waiting to see though.

Feel free to harrass with your name calling some more though. It shows your real character and what our future generation will look like having people like you as a father.....

For the record, Ive seen more than one person post a thank you in the market forums for the various guides and posts like this thread. But thats besides the point.

Regardless, if you disagree with someones methods feel free to post somewhere else your own methods or even attack the precepts that they are trying to demonstrate, but the hand waving dismissal is oblivious at best....at some point you have to realize that you are not the audience this intended for and dont have the perspective on what would be valuable here (Neither do I truth be told)

I do enjoy your overreaction and sensitivity though. I call you a downer and you attack my parenting skills and character. Truthfully it was worth a good laugh. Im not offended, your escalation of insults is cartoonish in its attempts to be derogatory and could not possibly offend a level headed person

Best of luck, I wont be taking up this thread any more with this discussion...PM or rant back at me at your leisure

Apologies to everyone else

--Frog

---

Organica (me)

What Four said is absolutely right.  Bidding on the crafted IOs is being lazy... and also done because in the back of my head I know that you can get the lower level IOs especially for below cost that way, if you can wait.  But in fact I can't wait, and so I wound up crafting a bunch of level 15 IOs anyway.


This morning before work I checked things.  My 3 LotG def/rech IOs had sold for 8 million each.  (The one listed for 6.2 mil still hasn't sold).  I'd also bought several more Efficacy Adaptor recipes, so I quickly crafted some of those and put them up for sale, and bid on five more rikti alloys.

Just to recap what I've done so far to raise money:

1.  Sold my two starting enhancements that I got from the tutorial.  The large heal sold instantly for 140,000.  This was my starting capital.

2.  Bought level 50 recipes for 100 and 500 inf each and vendored them for 5,000 or 10,00 inf each.  I picked recipes that I know are not popular -- sleep, stun, snipe, slow, certain of the hold recipes, etc.

3.  Once I had a couple of million I bid on some recipes that I knew I could craft and sell for a profit.  I could have started by crafting generic IOs -- especially in the 25-35 range that can be profitable.  But you can skip that stage to more profitable things if you like.  Efficacy Adaptor IOs are very good for this, they're common recipes and endurance IOs always sell.  I also bought some cheap Luck of the Gambler def/rech recipes -- this is a bit more risky, there's a glut of them on the market.  A month or two ago they were selling for 15 to 20 million each, now they're selling for 6 to 9 million, but that still leaves room for a profit if you're careful.

The next two steps will be to ramp up my money-making by selling more IOs and more profitable IOs, and then to start buying the recipes that I'm going to want for my final build.  I should note here that I plan to buy mostly level 30-33 IOs which is what I normally do, but this strategy isn't much different for those who want to IO at level 50 -- the only difference is that you'll have to find places to store your recipes or crafted IOs longer.  But the key to everything is placing low bids that you can wait for days or more than a week to fill, so that you're not spending so much money at level 50 to buy it now.  As always, patience is your friend.  ^_^

---

Ironblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by eryq2
If you love these ideas, good for you. For me, big deal. I don't think we will see a new poster reply saying thanks,
And THERE is the wet blanket aspect. Okay, so for you, this is no big deal. Accordingly, you make a long post in detail about why it's not a big deal to you and wonder why anyone would care. Have you ever heard the phrase, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything."?

Expressing a difference of opinion is valid. Spending a paragraph to say, "Who cares?" is a waste of time.

And we don't care if anyone says thank you. We don't post helpful stuff here in the hopes of adulation or recognition.

---

Crystalline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Organica
Also my great build that I found on the forums... is actually a fire/rad build. Hmm. What can I say, I grabbed it during a 15 minute break at work and didn't look at it hard enough. Maybe I should have gone fire/rad anyway, they're certainly more popular.
You're a far more experienced player than I am, so please take this for whatever you think it's worth. I have some 2nd hand experience with Fire/Kin in that a good friend, also far more experienced than me, has one. She had significant difficulty soloing with the character as she went up in levels, although she's great on any size team. Fire/Rad, OTOH, does seem to be enormously popular, at least on the forums. I have one at the lower levels now and can tell you she's a joy to play. I can't, unfortunately, tell you what that experience will be like going up in levels. But, if you end up having to solo for at least parts of your journey to 50, I hope you don't end up being slowed by the choice of sets. My friend's solution was to go rogue, as she found it easier to pick up teams blueside.


And also, I love projects like this too, and thanks for the thread. 

---

Roderick

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fulmens
we will not shut up
Is it time for a new sig line already? I guess it is. 

---

eryq2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogfather
For the record, Ive seen more than one person post a thank you in the market forums for the various guides and posts like this thread. But thats besides the point. 

Regardless, if you disagree with someones methods feel free to post somewhere else your own methods or even attack the precepts that they are trying to demonstrate, but the hand waving dismissal is oblivious at best....at some point you have to realize that you are not the audience this intended for and dont have the perspective on what would be valuable here (Neither do I truth be told)

I do enjoy your overreaction and sensitivity though. I call you a downer and you attack my parenting skills and character. Truthfully it was worth a good laugh. Im not offended, your escalation of insults is cartoonish in its attempts to be derogatory and could not possibly offend a level headed person

Best of luck, I wont be taking up this thread any more with this discussion...PM or rant back at me at your leisure

Apologies to everyone else

--Frog
You displayed your own bad character. By taking my post and personally attacking me. I simply stated that i feel sorry for our future with people like you in it and reproducing. I don't have a need to PM you. 

I replied to the post because the OP is offering a false hope to the people that it is intended for. Its to show what can be done within 30 days. Well, that's only for people that can put in those types of hours. Everyone that can, already knows what can be done by playing 5 hours a day, 1 hour a day, 10 hours a day. It's no big secret what we can achieve in this game given more hours of game time. 

Now if it was just a post saying, " im going to try to do this...", then that's different. Instead, "The whole point is to show that anyone can manage this, starting from nothing", this is said. And that's only based on time played and not everyone can within 1 month. 

Not offering a goal to someone that can't put in the same amount of time as the OP. 

@ Ironblade, What's helpful here? Hey, imma put up bids and play the game to hit 50? And you say it's ok to have a different opinion, but then blast and call names(on a regular basis i might add) everyone that posts in these forums that don't agree or suck up to the regulars... That don't sound like an "ok'' to think as I wish as much as I need to think like YOU.
Last edited by eryq2; 08-05-2011 at 11:28 AM.

 ---

Nihilii
I find it amazing to see eryq2 hasn't improved at all on any aspect in years. It's like he's impervious to knowledge.

---

eryq2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilii
I find it amazing to see eryq2 hasn't improved at all on any aspect in years. It's like he's impervious to knowledge.
LOL @ your knowledge. If you call that knowledge, i feel sorry for you.

---

Nihilii
I haven't said anything about "my knowledge", so the only reasonable assumption is that you think I'm refering to forum marketing advice in the quoted sentence, which would be quite stupid since I disagree with much of it, but I guess fitting from you.

No, no, when I say you're impervious to knowledge, I don't mean about the game specifically. I'm talking about life. Everything.

---

Roderick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilii
I find it amazing to see eryq2 hasn't improved at all on any aspect in years. It's like he's impervious to knowledge.
No, he's not that bad. It's not like he completely ignores everything he's told....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDoc
Clear and concise instructions on how to do something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eryq2
I just did something totally different, and it isnt working!
Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoNexus
You're not doing what you were told to do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eryq2
If it's not working when I do it wrong, how could it possibly work if I did it right?

Oh.  Never mind then.

No comments:

Post a Comment